Meigs County Health Department responds to and investigates public health nuisance complaints. In simple terms, a public health nuisance is when a building or property is in a condition that threatens or potentially threatens the health of a person or community.
Below are examples of public health nuisances that Meigs County Public Health will investigate:
- Accumulation of trash, garbage and materials on properties
- Rat and rodent infestations
- Animal waste and manure
- Dead animals
- Unsanitary housing or living conditions
- Failing sewage treatment systems
- Improper scrap tire disposal
If you would like to register a complaint regarding a nuisance property or condition, please complete a nuisance complaint form and return to the health department. The forms must be signed.