Meigs County Health Department responds to and investigates public health nuisance complaints. A public health nuisance is a condition that threatens potentially threatens the environment and/or the health of a person or community.
Below are examples of public health nuisances that Meigs County Public Health will investigate:
- Accumulation of trash, garbage and materials on properties
- Rat and rodent infestations
- Animal waste and manure
- Dead animals
- Unsanitary housing or living conditions
- Failing sewage treatment systems
- Improper scrap tire disposal
All complaints must be submitted in writing using the health department’s nuisance complaint form.