Cribs for Kids
Did you know that 3 infants die in Ohio each week in sleep-related incidents? The Meigs County Health Department partners with Cribs for Kids® to provide pack ‘n plays for infants who don’t have a safe place to sleep. If you know of anyone who needs this service, please have them call the health department at 740-992-6626. Guidelines are: Meigs County resident, infant under 12 months (or mom in 3rd trimester), no crib or safe place in which to sleep, eligible to receive WIC (doesn’t have to be on WIC). **Please share**
Flu Shot Schedule
The Meigs County Health Dept. (MCHD) will administer flu shots on Tuesdays from 9-11AM and 1-3PM beginning Sept. 27th at its offices. Other weekdays require appointments.
Our Mission Statement:
Protecting the public’s health by working to assure availability of, and access to quality health care services; promoting individual and community responsibility for the prevention of disease, injury, and disability, by providing preventive health care, education and environmental safety, to all members of the community.
- Menactra Vaccine Availability August 16, 2016 - Meigs-Health has no Meningitis A (Menactra) available for those with Medicaid or No Insurance ... Read more »
- Nursing Services week of 8/14/2016 August 16, 2016 - There will be NO NURSING SERVICES available on Wednesday, August 17, 2017. We are ... Read more »
- Flood Cleanup Kits Available July 20, 2016 - Flood Cleanup Kits are available at the Meigs Cooperative Parish in the Mulberry Community ... Read more »
- Funding News July 11, 2016 - The Meigs County Health Department has made the very tough decision to NOT APPLY ... Read more »
- JOB OPENING: WIC Breastfeeding Peer Helper June 22, 2016 - The Meigs County Health Department has an immediate opening for: WIC Breastfeeding Peer Helper ... Read more »
- Shingles Immunizations June 1, 2016 - Meigs County Health Department has Zostavax vaccine to prevent herpes zoster (shingles). Each Tuesday ... Read more »