THE MEIGS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR: WIC Breastfeeding Peer Helper.
Meigs County Health Department is seeking an experienced and talented Breastfeeding Peer Helper to serve clients in the Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Program. Under the supervision of the Breastfeeding Coordinator, the Breastfeeding Peer is responsible for providing information to pregnant and breastfeeding women, making referrals following policy and protocols, and assisting with breastfeeding activities of the WIC Project.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Recently breastfed an infant exclusively or substantially for at least 6 months.
• Has been a former or current WIC participant or eligible for WIC services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups.
• Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
• Ability to follow basic oral and written instructions.
• Ability to plan and organize work effectively.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
• Background check required.
SALARY: Dependent upon qualifications.
FINAL FILING DATE: Position will be available until filled with a qualified applicant.
POSITION INFORMATION: Grant Funded Part-Time 14 hours minimum per week, limited benefits.
**SEND: Letter of interest in this position, resume, and three letters of reference ELECTRONICALLY to the following (no phone calls or paper correspondence will be accepted):
USDA is an equal opportunity employer and provider